Skip to main content

The Least Romantic Romance - Flashback Friday

Additions to the original post are in pink :)

Originally titled Today I Am Thankful For Totalled Cars

This is actually all about my husband, who I might not have ever married if it were not for a totaled car :)

Like I said in the new title, our love story isn't very romantic.  Michael was friends with my roommate's brother, and they came over to visit with her.  Basically I met my husband when my friend and I came into my house and some guy I didn't know was sitting on my couch.  He kept coming over to hang out, and we ended up hanging out by ourselves a lot.  Super romantic.  Anyways, back to the original story.

I didn't really date much before I got married, I wasn't a serial dater like most high schoolers, I was more of the obsessed with one guy that doesn't really have any interest in me type.

Even my husband and I didn't date very much. Mostly we were friends that made out alot for a while (I'm only a tiny bit of a whore, not really a whore I promise), like a month or two. Poor Michael asked me to be his girlfriend like 3 times and I kept telling him no. Not because I didn't like him, but because I had not really dated much before and had always gotten bored after like a month or less the two times I did have a boyfriend. Plus he was supposed to be moving to Washington for school in a few months, and I didn't want a boyfriend that lived in another state.

My family lives in Idaho, and Michael and I were going to go over to visit one rainy night almost exactly 5 years ago. We crashed when the brakes locked up and totaled the car. He bought a new car, which used up his money for school and he stayed here (interestingly enough he later totaled that car to, which I am also thankful for because we got away from a car payment for awhile. He's not actually a bad driver, he just has bad luck). I told him that he could ask me that thing he kept asking me and I kept telling him no, and then we started dating.

That was November 2005, by December we had moved in together (my room mate moved out so I kinda couldn't have paid rent without him moving in), in January 2006 we moved to Idaho, in July he asked me to marry him, and in August we got married.

He hates how happy I am his car was totalled, after all our lives would have been consistently easier without the sky-high insurance rates, and without the car payment since his old car was paid off, but if it were not for the totaled car I might never have started dating him, I really didn't want a long-distance boyfriend.


This post may be linked up with one or more of these wonderful blog hops:


Comments

  1. All that from a totalled car! ;)
    sweet story! thanks for sharing on my love story link up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the link-up, it was a wonderful idea :)

      Delete
  2. That is a great story, I love imperfect love stories, and I particularly like the "I'm only a tiny bit of a whore, not really a whore I promise" part :-)

    Found you over on love story link ups
    Domesticated Breakdown

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Keep this in mind while posting. If you are mean, I will delete your comment. You may have an opinion but you may not be insulting to other people who comment, my religion, or myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :)

Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -           - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant
           - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that
           - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are
             intoxicated and forget to take precautions.)
Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even remember what tr…

Review - Seven Everyday Slings

I got this sling because it was free, I only had to pay shipping.  Since I bought it, I have found out that it is VERY easy to find codes for this to be free, and I am pretty sure that if you ever pay full price for one you got duped.

I was SO excited.  I wanted a baby carrier really bad.  I didn't have a baby, but I am always collecting baby things.

In case you were thinking that I only review things that I like, I HATE THIS SLING! 

I have used it with tiny babies, older babies, and toddlers. 

Pros:
- Adorable, and available in a variety of colors
- Lightweight and compact, you can easily throw it in a diaper bag or purse
- Works from birth - 35 lbs


Cons:
- Terrifying to use with small babies.  They sink down in it, and its almost impossible to keep them from having their chin tucked to their chest, which is a huge no-no in baby carrying.  Basically when I had Cooper in it as an infant I spent the entire trip to the park making sure he was still breathing, then I started sticki…

Manipulatives Monday GIVEAWAY from Mother Goose Time - closed

Giveaway closed! Thank you so much to everyone who entered, I really appreciate it!
I have excellent news!  Today is Manipulatives Monday, and Mother Goose Time is giving away a great prize!  One lucky winner will receive TWO bags of manipulatives!  Mother Goose Time will chose the prizes, but I assure you, whatever they send will be a lot of fun for your children!

Manipulatives are a big hit in our house.  Every month we get two new bags of manipulatives, and every month Little Guy asks if he can play with them before the month starts.  The answer is always no, but he tries every month anyways.  During the month we use them for the assigned activities but after we are done with the curriculum, I let him add them to his toy collection.
One thing that is in almost every box is a set of counters.  These are often in the shape of animals, which are Little Guy's favorites.  They are used for a variety of activities, and are always multiple colors, sizes, and/or shapes so they can be …