Skip to main content

3 Common Myths About Waist Training

Soooo.  I got my gorgeous corset from Orchard Corset a few months back.  I seasoned it, I loved it, I wrote about it.

Then I got a job baby-sitting at someone else's house.  Which left me either a) not waist training, b) wearing my corset 10+ hours a day (which some people do) and/or messing with it as someone else's house, or c) wearing it in the evenings.

See how it pushes away from my body at the top?
That is because I don't wear it enough to
tighten it at the top without bending the boning.
The more you wear a corset the better it looks,
feels, and fits!
As the lazy person I am, you can probably guess which option I took.  Then I came back home to baby-sit, but now it has been 90 degrees most days, and I just haven't wanted to lace up!

However, I still got my corset for free from Orchard Corset, and I feel like I should really attempt to keep up my end of the bargain better than I have been.  But since I don't really have any update pictures, which is what I had HOPED to share with you guys, I am instead going to talk about some common misconceptions that people have about waist training.  And maybe a picture or two because even though I don't wear it often, I really do adore my corset.

1) You can't breathe in a corset.
Perhaps someone trying to do strenuous activity while extremely tightlaced would have trouble breathing, but then again no one recommends exercising in a corset.  I have worn my around plenty, sometimes laced very tight, and have had no problems breathing, at all.

2) Corsets help you lose weight.
Not really.  The most a corset can do is make it uncomfortable for you to eat large portions, but as someone that really likes eating delicious food, I can tell you that it is possible to eat quite a bit while you are laced up.  It will make you burp an incredible amount if you drink something bubbly though.  Corsets give you a smaller waist by moving fat, not REmoving it.  For that you need diet and exercise.

3) Corsets are uncomfortable.
Corsets are only uncomfortable if you are being lazy, or if you are a bit over eager and lace to tight.  Walking around, standing, sitting bolt upright are all perfectly comfortable.  In fact I find the sensation of taking off my corset to be a little uncomfortable, which is ironic because there is nothing I find MORE comfortable than taking off my bra at night.  But when I want to lay down and watch TV (because why sit when you can lay, am I right?), or curl up with a book, that is when it is uncomfortable.  Possibly because I have horrible posture.  It is also awkward to wear to church because no one sits THAT upright for an hour.  Bending isn't uncomfortable, but it is nearly impossible at the waist, another reason my corset doesn't get much wear, because I can't get children easily in and out of cribs when I am wearing my corset.

Writing this post inspired me to put my corset on, and of course then I had to take some pictures.  Hopefully I can wear it more often and actually see some progress towards closing the laces!

High waisted pants/shorts are a necessity for corsets.  Low waists means you have to try to stuff your pants back UNDER your corset when you go to the bathroom.  Also I have gotten a lot fatter lately, so the high waist keeps my belly contained when I am not wearing a corset.  My next waist training post will be all about what to wear with a corset!

*Orchard Corset provided me with a corset, free of charge in exchange for sharing my waist training experience.  All opinions are my own.*


Comments

  1. How interesting! Thanks for sharing some of your experience. I didn't realize that corsets were still made today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Keep this in mind while posting. If you are mean, I will delete your comment. You may have an opinion but you may not be insulting to other people who comment, my religion, or myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Choose Christian Light Education Homeschool Curriculum

Last summer I decided that I was going to homeschool our foster daughters while they were on summer vacation.  There were two reasons for this: 1) Two of the three girls were behind academically.  I really hoped that by working through the summer we could help them get on track for the next school year.  They left our house soon after school started, so I don't know how well it worked. 2) I don't allow my children much in the way of screen time, and these girls were accustomed to having TV and tablets in their rooms all the time.  So they never really knew what to do with themselves.  I figured school work for the morning would help with that dilemma. Choosing a curriculum was difficult for me.  I know that some people bounce around and change curriculum a lot, but whatever I got, I hoped I would like enough to use the non-consumables with Little Guy.  I don't like wasting money, and I hate the idea of some topics falling through the cracks because different curricu

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :) Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -            - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant            - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that            - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are              intoxicated and forget to take precautions.) Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even rememb

Training Children vs. Raising Children

In many conservative circles, parents refer to training their children.  This term comes from Proverbs 22:6, which says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Almost unfailingly, when you get into a discussion on this topic, there is a parent that is appalled at the use of "training" on children.  Nine times out of ten, they say "You train dogs, you RAISE children."