Skip to main content

Good News!

Since the last time I blogged I have found out two AMAZING things!

1) Disney bought LucasArts!  Which could be considered a bad thing I guess, since Disney is kinda getting out of control big, but Disney also owns Marvel and The Avengers is an AWESOME movie.  With the announcement of Disney's acquisition was the 10000x better announcement that they are going to make A STAR WARS SEQUEL!  Okay I know, the prequels suck, the sequels probably will too.  But I am still super excited!  I actually read (ironically in a Disney Adventures magazine) about 15 years ago that after the 3 prequels they were going to do 3 sequels, but then never heard anything else about it.  Until NOW!  I don't know any details (other than a possible release date of 2015), and I probably won't keep you posted, because I am a slacker.  I guess it was 16 years between Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace so 10 years between Revenge of the Sith and whatever the new movie will be called isn't that long.



2) Amazing new part two also is quite Disney involved.  I think Disney is just "getting" what I, as a viewer, am interested in.  Okay, so a Star Wars sequel is actually much bigger news than what I am about to say, but this is MUCH more surprising.  You better sit down.  Disney Channel is making a sequel to Boy Meets World!!!  You know best show ever from back when television didn't suck big time on Friday nights (I miss you TGIF)?  There are going to be a couple of math errors, but there were a few missing years in the original series (you can't finish 9 years of school in 7 years), so its all good.  The show will focus on Cory and Topanga's 13 year old daughter (this is where the math error comes in, seeing as how the oldest daughter they could possibly have based on canon from the show would be an 11 year old), but there is a strong possibility that Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are going to be reprising their roles!  I REALLY hope so, or else this show is going to have a much smaller fan base to start with.  I also hope we see some of "Plays With Squirrels" (Eric for those of you less obsessed), Shawn Hunter, and maybe even a REALLY old Mr. Feeny!  All in all I am looking forward to Girl Meets World quite a bit, and not entirely for nostalgic reasons.  It will be nice to have another show that is just about normal family life, instead of being rich and famous.


Comments

  1. When I first read your post title I was thinking a little more exciting like pregnant or knew what was wrong or something. But I'll be excited with you about this too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well those would be way better news items, but alas I have to stick with appreciating the little things. I did make sure my post wasn't misleading on my Facebook, I was tempted to put a picture of a pregnancy test just to make people read my blog because I am super lame like that. But I decided to put more relevant pictures and be a little less conniving.

      Delete

Post a Comment

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Keep this in mind while posting. If you are mean, I will delete your comment. You may have an opinion but you may not be insulting to other people who comment, my religion, or myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Choose Christian Light Education Homeschool Curriculum

Last summer I decided that I was going to homeschool our foster daughters while they were on summer vacation.  There were two reasons for this: 1) Two of the three girls were behind academically.  I really hoped that by working through the summer we could help them get on track for the next school year.  They left our house soon after school started, so I don't know how well it worked. 2) I don't allow my children much in the way of screen time, and these girls were accustomed to having TV and tablets in their rooms all the time.  So they never really knew what to do with themselves.  I figured school work for the morning would help with that dilemma. Choosing a curriculum was difficult for me.  I know that some people bounce around and change curriculum a lot, but whatever I got, I hoped I would like enough to use the non-consumables with Little Guy.  I don't like wasting money, and I hate the idea of some topics falling through the cracks because different curricu

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :) Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -            - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant            - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that            - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are              intoxicated and forget to take precautions.) Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even rememb

Training Children vs. Raising Children

In many conservative circles, parents refer to training their children.  This term comes from Proverbs 22:6, which says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Almost unfailingly, when you get into a discussion on this topic, there is a parent that is appalled at the use of "training" on children.  Nine times out of ten, they say "You train dogs, you RAISE children."