Skip to main content

31 Days of Housewifery - Day 2

That is how I feel at 7:45 am when I got up at 6 am.  I was actually pretending 
to yawn, but then it turned into a real yawn so I took another picture.

Despite the fact that I was asleep by 10 o'clock last night, I still was exhausted when I woke up at 6.  I was pleasantly surprised by how nice my house looked when I woke up.

My morning routine went REALLY, REALLY fast, because I kind of cheated.  I didn't have to unload the dishwasher because it wasn't full until after lunch.  I didn't start the laundry because I had diapers in the laundry, and then I waited until I cleaned the bathroom to start my new load because I didn't want dirty toilet rags sitting around for very long.  And I didn't quick clean the bathrooms, because my afternoon deep clean was the bathrooms and that seemed a bit redundant.  So I finished up pretty quick.

In the afternoon I was supposed to deep clean all the bathrooms, but since the cats were locked in the kids' bathroom I skipped that one.  The little kitty pooped behind the washing machine yesterday so we didn't want her roaming around, and since they share a litter box, the big kitty had to be locked up too.  So I didn't necessarily succeed, but I didn't fail either.

In the evening I didn't cook dinner, because Michael barbecued.  I like that because it makes dishes really, really, really easy.  I still wiped down the sink.  

Then I folded and put away the laundry since it was done.  I also wiped off my diaper covers and stuffed the pocket diapers (which as a lazy person, are now my new favorite diapers!) before getting ice cream.  

I didn't harass Michael about the computer at all, but he didn't really have a chance to play the computer either, because he was busy trying to fix our piece of crap car.  Ironically, looking at the car it looks like an awesome car, but it has broken 4 times in the last 6 months and cost over $4000 so far, and who knows what it will cost this time.

Tomorrow my mom is coming to visit, which will throw off my routine, so we will see how I handle interruptions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Choose Christian Light Education Homeschool Curriculum

Last summer I decided that I was going to homeschool our foster daughters while they were on summer vacation.  There were two reasons for this: 1) Two of the three girls were behind academically.  I really hoped that by working through the summer we could help them get on track for the next school year.  They left our house soon after school started, so I don't know how well it worked. 2) I don't allow my children much in the way of screen time, and these girls were accustomed to having TV and tablets in their rooms all the time.  So they never really knew what to do with themselves.  I figured school work for the morning would help with that dilemma. Choosing a curriculum was difficult for me.  I know that some people bounce around and change curriculum a lot, but whatever I got, I hoped I would like enough to use the non-consumables with Little Guy.  I don't like wasting money, and I hate the idea of some topics falling through the cracks because different curricu

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :) Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -            - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant            - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that            - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are              intoxicated and forget to take precautions.) Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even rememb

Is Mother Goose Time Worth The Money?

Last night my husband asked me if I thought that Mother Goose Time was worth the money if I didn't get it for free.  I think this is an excellent question, and one that people probably want to know. How Much Does It Cost?: Mother Goose Time costs $75 a month for one child, including shipping if you buy it month to month.  If you can order and pre-pay ahead of time, you can save up to 15%, depending on how far ahead you pre-pay.  If you have more than one child using the curriculum it is only about $5 a month to add a child.  Many of the products provided cover the entire class, including manipulatives and story books.  The things that each child needs come packaged in their own bag for each child. What I Think of the Curriculum: The curriculum is great.  It is thorough and engaging.  It provides me with ideas and supplies to teach my son things I never would have thought to teach him, but will make him a very well rounded person.  He now talks about things he never would ha