Skip to main content

An (Almost) Unbelievable Day

Today was an incredibly surprising day.  Like insane. 

For most of you, it will probably sound like a normal day.  Most people I imagine are much better at daily life than I am.  But for me, it was almost unbelievable.

I got up this morning, got the girls ready for school, including making their lunches.  After they left, I read a chapter of the Bible, because although I am not very good at doing it, I TRY to start every day with either Scripture writing or Bible reading, and since the girls seem to lose pens at a rate even more alarming than the rate I lose them, reading is more doable than writing.

After that I took a shower.  Then I got breakfast ready for the boys, and while they ate breakfast I got dressed, put on make-up and did my hair.  Little Guy got dressed then I gave Boy Z a shower (we had about a dozen people that needed to shower yesterday before church, so he needed one today) and did both their hair.  Little Guy needs a haircut so he is a bit shaggy if I don't gel and blow dry it, and Boy Z has way to long of hair, and needs gel and a blow dry too.  Since I was going all out getting ready I figured they may as well look nice too. 
The face of non-failure :)

A load of dishes, a clean bathroom, swept floors, two loads of laundry, and cleared and cleaned surfaces followed while the boys played with blocks.

At 11:30 I made lunch for the boys, then Boy Z went on his visit and Little Guy and I returned our library books and a movie.  When we got back he spun around (seriously, its like his favorite thing to do right now) while I made myself some lunch.  When my food was made we did our Mother Goose Time (although we skipped Circle Time so it was a shorter day than usual) while I ate. 

After school time was over, I vacuumed while Little Guy did his chore (putting away the silverware), then when Boy Z came home they went down for nap.  I rebooted the laundry, and started another load of dishes. 

Then I sat down on my butt and wrote a post about how my day went, because I couldn't wait to tell everyone it actually happened!

Like I said, I know that for most people, this day is probably pretty common.  But I don't think I can remember when I have had a more productive and peaceful day.  I got so much done, no one got in trouble, it was unreal.

Comments

  1. This sounds impressive to me! I feel proud whenever I do just dishes or more than 1 step of laundry lately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Keep this in mind while posting. If you are mean, I will delete your comment. You may have an opinion but you may not be insulting to other people who comment, my religion, or myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :)

Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -           - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant
           - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that
           - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are
             intoxicated and forget to take precautions.)
Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even remember what tr…

Review - Seven Everyday Slings

I got this sling because it was free, I only had to pay shipping.  Since I bought it, I have found out that it is VERY easy to find codes for this to be free, and I am pretty sure that if you ever pay full price for one you got duped.

I was SO excited.  I wanted a baby carrier really bad.  I didn't have a baby, but I am always collecting baby things.

In case you were thinking that I only review things that I like, I HATE THIS SLING! 

I have used it with tiny babies, older babies, and toddlers. 

Pros:
- Adorable, and available in a variety of colors
- Lightweight and compact, you can easily throw it in a diaper bag or purse
- Works from birth - 35 lbs


Cons:
- Terrifying to use with small babies.  They sink down in it, and its almost impossible to keep them from having their chin tucked to their chest, which is a huge no-no in baby carrying.  Basically when I had Cooper in it as an infant I spent the entire trip to the park making sure he was still breathing, then I started sticki…

Manipulatives Monday GIVEAWAY from Mother Goose Time - closed

Giveaway closed! Thank you so much to everyone who entered, I really appreciate it!
I have excellent news!  Today is Manipulatives Monday, and Mother Goose Time is giving away a great prize!  One lucky winner will receive TWO bags of manipulatives!  Mother Goose Time will chose the prizes, but I assure you, whatever they send will be a lot of fun for your children!

Manipulatives are a big hit in our house.  Every month we get two new bags of manipulatives, and every month Little Guy asks if he can play with them before the month starts.  The answer is always no, but he tries every month anyways.  During the month we use them for the assigned activities but after we are done with the curriculum, I let him add them to his toy collection.
One thing that is in almost every box is a set of counters.  These are often in the shape of animals, which are Little Guy's favorites.  They are used for a variety of activities, and are always multiple colors, sizes, and/or shapes so they can be …