Skip to main content

Garage Sales! Or: What Can I Get For $9? Or: What Am I Willing To Pay For Other Peoples Trash

Good deals make me happy inside. Its pathetic, but very true. Garage sales are super fun to me, but as I rarely have cash, I don't often go.

This weekend I had some cash, and it was burning a hole in my pocket, and the sun was burning some color into my pasty skin, and I thought I ought to go see what kind of stuff people were selling in their driveways.

I think I got some good stuff. My poor husband thinks I got more crap to stuff into our ever shrinking room.

$3 for an air popper! An almost new one that was bought last Christmas! And it doesn't spin around in circles on the counter like its possessed like the one I bought at Goodwill five years ago (Wow, I am always reminding myself that I am old).
$0.50 for a pair of little boys Converse. These were for Brittany, but still an awesome deal! And last summer we got a smaller pair from the same peoples garage sale.
$1.50 for three photo albums. They are just the little slide the photos in kind, but since my dad has about 10 million loose photos in boxes, at least they are a start.
This was my first garage sale of the weekend. The ladies were super nice and offered me a stroller/carseat travel system for just $20 (they had it priced at $50) but Michael wouldn't give me the extra cash for it.

$1 for a baby gown, two diaper covers (not for actual diapering, just for covering diapers with dresses and such), and an adorable, supersoft pair of baby socks.
Oh, and a Captain Picard action figure/doll for free for Brittany. They had some awesome Star Wars collectibles that the nerd in me almost wanted to buy, but they were pretty pricey.

I also got a set of super awesome 1970's (I'm assuming) juice glasses for $1, a baby food book (hardcover) for $0.50, and a Suzy's Zoo board book for $0.50.

Oh and I got a couple of Pokemon Welch's Jam containers/juice glasses for Michael.

And I still have $10 left for next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :)

Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -           - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant
           - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that
           - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are
             intoxicated and forget to take precautions.)
Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even remember what tr…

Manipulatives Monday GIVEAWAY from Mother Goose Time - closed

Giveaway closed! Thank you so much to everyone who entered, I really appreciate it!
I have excellent news!  Today is Manipulatives Monday, and Mother Goose Time is giving away a great prize!  One lucky winner will receive TWO bags of manipulatives!  Mother Goose Time will chose the prizes, but I assure you, whatever they send will be a lot of fun for your children!

Manipulatives are a big hit in our house.  Every month we get two new bags of manipulatives, and every month Little Guy asks if he can play with them before the month starts.  The answer is always no, but he tries every month anyways.  During the month we use them for the assigned activities but after we are done with the curriculum, I let him add them to his toy collection.
One thing that is in almost every box is a set of counters.  These are often in the shape of animals, which are Little Guy's favorites.  They are used for a variety of activities, and are always multiple colors, sizes, and/or shapes so they can be …

Review - Seven Everyday Slings

I got this sling because it was free, I only had to pay shipping.  Since I bought it, I have found out that it is VERY easy to find codes for this to be free, and I am pretty sure that if you ever pay full price for one you got duped.

I was SO excited.  I wanted a baby carrier really bad.  I didn't have a baby, but I am always collecting baby things.

In case you were thinking that I only review things that I like, I HATE THIS SLING! 

I have used it with tiny babies, older babies, and toddlers. 

Pros:
- Adorable, and available in a variety of colors
- Lightweight and compact, you can easily throw it in a diaper bag or purse
- Works from birth - 35 lbs


Cons:
- Terrifying to use with small babies.  They sink down in it, and its almost impossible to keep them from having their chin tucked to their chest, which is a huge no-no in baby carrying.  Basically when I had Cooper in it as an infant I spent the entire trip to the park making sure he was still breathing, then I started sticki…