Skip to main content

Babies and No Babies...

On Wednesday one of my best friends had a little girl.  Her name is Gabriella and she is adorable.  9 lbs. 14 ozs, vaginal delivery with no drugs of any sort (other some Vicadin after she was born : P  )  This is pretty awesome, since some people think that big babies require c-sections, and I would say almost 10 pounds is a pretty good sized baby.  YAY Melissa!

Yesterday my baby sister (Noelle-who is 15 and not really a baby at all), my friend (Brittany) and I went to meet the new baby.  We took the little girl I baby-sit (Hadlee-who is 13 months) with us.  Now Noelle is the baby of the family and as such has not really had much experience with diapers.  But she changed all of the diapers while she stayed with me as I thought that she could use the practice.  She had gotten the baby up from her nap and changed her poopy diaper without any help from me at all.  I was there, and offered to help but she wanted to do it herself.

We went to KFC/Taco Bell for lunch (because we love burritos and mac and cheese at the same meal).  Everything was going great, but Hadlee started getting a little fussy so I picked her up and kept feeding her on my lap.  Then I noticed I was a bit wet.  Then I noticed that Hadlee smelled a bit like pee.  Even though she had only been in the diaper for a little while (like an hour) she had peed out of it.  This had something to do with the fact that my sister seemed to think that diapers should be low-riders like underwear...  I was only a little damp, but baby was soaked.  And she was wearing a onesie so her shirt was soaked too.  We were 30-45 minutes away from home, and in a small town with no Wal-Mart, only a Goodwill.  Seeing as how I didn't have time to turn around, change her, and come back, and there was no way I was going to put Goodwill clothes on a baby without washing them first, we had a white trash adventure.

Yes, I took the poor baby in the hospital wearing nothing but socks and a jacket.  I mean I wrapped her in a blanket too, but she pretty much was naked.  She was fine, and wasn't cold or anything, but it was pretty sad.  Then when we got home I put her in her jammies, which I guess next time I go somewhere I will bring with me.

On Tuesday, I started bleeding, so I was actually a day early for my NEXT period.  Or 20 some days late for my LAST period.  But either way not pregnant, and wasted two tests. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Choose Christian Light Education Homeschool Curriculum

Last summer I decided that I was going to homeschool our foster daughters while they were on summer vacation.  There were two reasons for this: 1) Two of the three girls were behind academically.  I really hoped that by working through the summer we could help them get on track for the next school year.  They left our house soon after school started, so I don't know how well it worked. 2) I don't allow my children much in the way of screen time, and these girls were accustomed to having TV and tablets in their rooms all the time.  So they never really knew what to do with themselves.  I figured school work for the morning would help with that dilemma. Choosing a curriculum was difficult for me.  I know that some people bounce around and change curriculum a lot, but whatever I got, I hoped I would like enough to use the non-consumables with Little Guy.  I don't like wasting money, and I hate the idea of some topics falling through the cracks because different curricu

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :) Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -            - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant            - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that            - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are              intoxicated and forget to take precautions.) Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even rememb

Training Children vs. Raising Children

In many conservative circles, parents refer to training their children.  This term comes from Proverbs 22:6, which says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Almost unfailingly, when you get into a discussion on this topic, there is a parent that is appalled at the use of "training" on children.  Nine times out of ten, they say "You train dogs, you RAISE children."