Skip to main content

The Doctor Visit

Last Monday I went to a very expensive appointment.  I;m oretty sure we spent more time in the car on our way to the office then we did AT the office.  First we waited.  Then we waited a little more.  This was our fault, because we were late.  Being late was NOT our faylt, it was major metropolitan traffic's fault.

When we finally got called back, it was question time.  The doctor asked me about six million questions.  He asked Michael about four.  Now I am going to be honest here.  This man is not my favorite person (the doctor, Michael is in the top 3 at least LOL).  While he isn't unpleasant by any means, he does seem to be pretty full of himself.  For instance, last year when I went to an open house and told him I had seen a midwife about the fertility stuff, he told me that if I wanted to waste my time that was my choice.  That wasn't verbatim, but you get the idea.  My husbands co-worker went to him to I guess, and he refused to acknowledge that it wasn't her fault she wasn't getting pregnant, because she is overweight.  The fact that her husband had a low sperm count is a non-issue I guess.  However, he did accomplish a pregnancy for them in the first or second cycle, when they had been trying for 9 years.  I have heard really good things about his results, and he is a perfectly pleasant person, I just prefer more humble type people.  Also I had to point out the massive amount of spotting I have, even though I had written it down on the paper that was right in front of him.  Michael liked him because he didn't seem to care about his previous bad sperm analysis, only about my wacky periods.  All in all I was happy with this part of the visit, just a little put off by his attitude I guess. 

Then came the unpleasant part: The Examination.  I have been to the "girl doctor" quite a few times and am fairly familiar with the procedure.  ALways before its actually been done by a midwife or nurse practitioner.  You know, girls.  For some reason a guy doctor just makes me uncomfortable, but I was a trooper and survived. 

Then came the more unpleasant part: The Ultrasound.  Now when you are pregnant, they do them externally.  When you are not pregnant, your reproductive organs are behind your pelvic bone.  So they have to do it internally.  Which involves shoving a wand up your hoo-hoo.  Then jamminbg it into your ovaries and uterus.  Apparently my uterus looks normal, no fibroids or polyps.  My ovaries are a bit sadder story.  One of them has a cyst and the other one I have no idea because he couldn't find it on the ultrasound.  Its not missing or anything, he could feel it in the exam.  It was just hiding.  Probably on purpose to avoid being jabbed by the wand.

My period was very late at that point (its started now YAY!) but because of the cyst he didn't want to give me anything to start it, but thats okay because it started less than two weeks later. 

He gave me a Clomid prescription, which I start on Sunday (or Saturday night, still waiting to hear back from the office) and take until Thursday.  Its supposed to make me ovulate on time and not spot so much.  More on Clomid later.  Probably later today because I am kind of a binge blogger :)

Once I get a positive ovulation test (or around when I should ovulate) I got in for another ultrasound and a post-coital test.  OH JOY!

He also wants to test me for endometriosis, but that involves surgery so until my dad's health insurance for me kicks in, we are puttin gthat off.  Hopefully the Clomid works and I can be done with all of this before it hardly starts.  I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Choose Christian Light Education Homeschool Curriculum

Last summer I decided that I was going to homeschool our foster daughters while they were on summer vacation.  There were two reasons for this: 1) Two of the three girls were behind academically.  I really hoped that by working through the summer we could help them get on track for the next school year.  They left our house soon after school started, so I don't know how well it worked. 2) I don't allow my children much in the way of screen time, and these girls were accustomed to having TV and tablets in their rooms all the time.  So they never really knew what to do with themselves.  I figured school work for the morning would help with that dilemma. Choosing a curriculum was difficult for me.  I know that some people bounce around and change curriculum a lot, but whatever I got, I hoped I would like enough to use the non-consumables with Little Guy.  I don't like wasting money, and I hate the idea of some topics falling through the cracks because different curricu

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :) Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -            - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant            - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that            - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are              intoxicated and forget to take precautions.) Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even rememb

Training Children vs. Raising Children

In many conservative circles, parents refer to training their children.  This term comes from Proverbs 22:6, which says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Almost unfailingly, when you get into a discussion on this topic, there is a parent that is appalled at the use of "training" on children.  Nine times out of ten, they say "You train dogs, you RAISE children."