Skip to main content

Menopause and Fertility

Clomid failed me for the fourth time last cycle.  Actually it made me ovulate on time and I barely spotted before my period, so it kinda did what it was supposed to but, still not pregnant.  I mean I didn't expect it to work, but I was hoping.  Kind of like how after 59 cycles of trying to get pregnant I am pretty sure I know that I am not going to, but every month I am just sure this is my month.  You know until I start bleeding to death from my girl parts.

So I was all out of Clomid and still not pregnant, so I decided to try Soy Isoflavones.  Supposedly it works like Clomid but its natural.  In case you don't know, Clomid makes your body think it needs to produce more estrogen.  You take it just the same as Clomid but a double dose.

I looked all over for Soy Isoflavones, but the only place I could find them (the health store was closed) was in supplements for menopausal women.  I, of course, bought them.

I'm not sure they worked, as my temperature have been really wonky again.  I can't tell if I ovulated, or when I ovulated, but all my trackers say that I have, so I guess I will trust them.  Hopefully in a couple weeks I will not be bleeding, pee on a stick and see two little pink lines.  I mean it could happen.

The side effects of the Soy Isoflavones were wonderful!  I am pretty darn sure that I don't produce enough estrogen.  Because I can't really explain it, but I felt like myself again.  I wasn't as on edge or angry or depressed.  Since I came off birth control (like 5 years ago) I have not been very stable.  I mean I am female so I was a little crazy before, but it got way worse.  Michael even noticed and said that he like my medicine it made me nicer.  Now that my estrogen is back to post ovulatory low levels I am feeling worse.  So even without my temperatures I think I ovulated at some point in the last week or so.  On a grosser note, it also gave me way more cervical mucus, which while disgusting is essential to conception.

So if this month is a bust, I am taking it again.  Not to get me pregnant but to make me feel better.  Hopefully I will be pregnant and my ordeal will be over.  Hey, a girl can dream right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Choose Christian Light Education Homeschool Curriculum

Last summer I decided that I was going to homeschool our foster daughters while they were on summer vacation.  There were two reasons for this: 1) Two of the three girls were behind academically.  I really hoped that by working through the summer we could help them get on track for the next school year.  They left our house soon after school started, so I don't know how well it worked. 2) I don't allow my children much in the way of screen time, and these girls were accustomed to having TV and tablets in their rooms all the time.  So they never really knew what to do with themselves.  I figured school work for the morning would help with that dilemma. Choosing a curriculum was difficult for me.  I know that some people bounce around and change curriculum a lot, but whatever I got, I hoped I would like enough to use the non-consumables with Little Guy.  I don't like wasting money, and I hate the idea of some topics falling through the cracks because different curricu

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :) Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -            - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant            - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that            - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are              intoxicated and forget to take precautions.) Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even rememb

Training Children vs. Raising Children

In many conservative circles, parents refer to training their children.  This term comes from Proverbs 22:6, which says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Almost unfailingly, when you get into a discussion on this topic, there is a parent that is appalled at the use of "training" on children.  Nine times out of ten, they say "You train dogs, you RAISE children."