Skip to main content

Recipe Reviews - 1/24

So mostly I did another failure week on meal planning.  But I do have two recipes for you, and they are both yummy!  We didn't really have any fails, because we had old stand-bys instead of the new stuff I had planned.

Super Easy Pork Chops

So these are actually Michael's recipe, but I changed it up a little bit.  He always used Cream of Mushroom Soup, but since I avoid that whenever I can, I made the sauce myself.

These pork chops are super easy to make! If you choose to use a can of cream of mushroom soup instead of all the other ingredients making it absurdly easy!

This is delicious served over rice.

Serves 2

Ingredients
  • 2 pork chops
  • 2 tablespoons butter you could also use coconut oil (slight flavor change) or lard
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 teaspoon beef bouillon you can also use 1 cup beef broth and not add the bouillon or the water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup water you can also use 1/2 water and 1/2 cup milk if you want it a little creamier

Directions

Pre-heat the oven to 350°. Put the pork chops in a small rectangle pan (I use a 6x9).
Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour and salt to the melted butter and stir with a whisk (make sure it is silicone coated if you are using a non-stick pan) until smooth. Add the beef bouillon and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until it gets thick. Remove from heat and pour over the pork chops. Cook for one hour, or until the pork chops are cook throughly.

Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken

So I didn't really like this, but Michael did.  The reason I didn't like it was that we had chicken that we had to use before it went bad, so we ended up using thigh and wing meat, which is much greasier.  It tasted good, so I still think it was a winner.  I would just use breast meat like the recipe calls for next time.  Or at least omit the butter if I have to use different cuts of meat.

Serves 4

Ingredients
  • Brown Sugar 4 tsp unpacked
  • Chicken Breast no skin, 12 ounces
  • Garlic 1 clove
  • Butter salted, 2 tbsp
  • Pepper black, 1 dash

Directions

  Melt the butter in a frying pan
Brown the garlic in the butter
Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, adding pepper as you like it.
When chicken is fully cooked add brown sugar on top of each breast
Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes)
Serve with your favorite carb, and veggie or salad. We usually have rice or noodles and carrots or green beans.

And here is a picture of the Lemony Garlic Chicken from last week :)  To see the recipe click on the picture!
Lemony Garlic Chicken
<

This post may be linked up with one or more of these wonderful blog hops:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Choose Christian Light Education Homeschool Curriculum

Last summer I decided that I was going to homeschool our foster daughters while they were on summer vacation.  There were two reasons for this: 1) Two of the three girls were behind academically.  I really hoped that by working through the summer we could help them get on track for the next school year.  They left our house soon after school started, so I don't know how well it worked. 2) I don't allow my children much in the way of screen time, and these girls were accustomed to having TV and tablets in their rooms all the time.  So they never really knew what to do with themselves.  I figured school work for the morning would help with that dilemma. Choosing a curriculum was difficult for me.  I know that some people bounce around and change curriculum a lot, but whatever I got, I hoped I would like enough to use the non-consumables with Little Guy.  I don't like wasting money, and I hate the idea of some topics falling through the cracks because different curricu

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :) Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -            - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant            - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that            - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are              intoxicated and forget to take precautions.) Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even rememb

Training Children vs. Raising Children

In many conservative circles, parents refer to training their children.  This term comes from Proverbs 22:6, which says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Almost unfailingly, when you get into a discussion on this topic, there is a parent that is appalled at the use of "training" on children.  Nine times out of ten, they say "You train dogs, you RAISE children."