I love blogging. Not only do I get to share my life with complete strangers (which for some reason is appealing to me) but I get to try amazing products in exchange for reviewing them!
A product I received recently was a 10" Stainless Steel Earth Pan by Ozeri.
Instead of poisonous PFOA, which is great at keeping things from sticking, but not great at not poisoning people, these pans use ETERNA, which doesn't release toxins, even at high temperatures.
Good things about the pan:
- Stainless steel, even the handle. This pan is by far the nicest of all my pans.
- NO STICK - I am a terrible crunchy mama and always use no-stick pans even though I know they are not super safe
- They have a magnetized bottom, so you can use them on induction ovens. Not that we have one, but given my husband's penchant for new technology, I am sure we will as soon as we pay off our dishwasher.
- Supposedly you can use a lower heat to cook with this pan. But since our stove is a piece of crap, I don't know if its true. Our burners only work at medium heat and above.
- Dishwasher safe, although they recommend handwashing (which I don't do, because I HATE handwashing)
- It is kind of expensive. $34.95 on sale. But I think that is pretty normal for a high quality pan.
- It is made in China. Now, this isn't a deal breaker for me. A lot of things I own are from China, and many times I know that before I buy them. The reason it bugs me is that they are misleading about it. The packaging says "Designed in the US", but if you read all the information carefully, its made in China.
Overall, I really like this pan. I would love to have a whole set of these pans, but I am pretty sure I couldn't afford them.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.