Skip to main content

Potty-Training Miss Baby

So Miss Baby turned 2 in January.  Right afterwards I started to work a little on potty training her, but then Spiderman came to live with us and was 3.5 but still in diapers, so I had 3 kids in diapers and I just didn't care at that point.  At the beginning of June Spiderman when to live with his mom, and so I decided I needed to work harder potty training Miss Baby.

Although she is doing really well, we have had a few mishaps.  Like when my Michael, my mom, and I were sitting watching TV while Miss Baby played with blocks on the floor and I noticed it smelled bad.  I figured Little Guy (who is NOT potty training, but has had a number of mishaps of his own *shudder*) had pooped and I would change it after the show.  Then Michael was like "Um, guys, she is covered in poop."  Which she was.

Some how, Miss Baby had neglected to notice that she was cover in poop, and went right on playing.  She was NOT pleased to be stuck in the empty bath and have poop cleaned off of most of her body (even squished in her belly button).  She was also pretty sad that night when she couldn't have Baa (her lamb) sleep with her, cause she had got poop on that too.  The next time she pooped in her underpants again, but this time I caught it before it was a disaster.  Finally today she was upstairs playing in her room and I went to check on her and the room smelled bad.  I was pretty worried, but I looked in her potty (yes, she has a potty in her room.  She likes to try to do stuff herself in the bathroom and makes messes, so I just put a potty in her room so she can play without a problem.) and she had gone all by herself!

We have had some wins too.  She wakes up from nap dry everyday, and went all afternoon without going in her diaper while we were shopping.  Plus after the poop fiasco it really sped up the time it took to get Michael to pick up my carpet shampooer.

If you are easily grossed out, or hearing personal stories will make it so you can no longer look me in the eye when we are talking please STOP READING NOW!  The next story is horribly gross and embarrassing, but also terribly funny.

Last night we went to dinner with my family.  Miss Baby and Little Guy had been super good, but they had been sitting at dinner for a good 2 hours, after sitting in church for an hour or so.  When I got up to use the bathroom, Miss Baby wanted to come with me, and I figured that she should be able to get up and stretch her legs a little so I took her with me.

It is currently my "time of the month" (a major misnomer in my case, as it comes much less than once a month and seems to stay as long as it feels like), and I was wearing a pad.  Of course since Miss Baby is potty training she is quite curious as to what goes on in the bathroom and was staring at me as I went pee (awkward!).  Then she noticed my pad.  And proceeded to call it "Mama's diaper?" and then said "You pooped!"  I was like, "No, I didn't.".  Then she said one of her most coherent sentences to date: "You pooped in your diaper!" in a tone of voice that was equal parts shock and amusement.  Now she thinks I am a incontinent liar, all because I was trying to be nice and let her walk around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Choose Christian Light Education Homeschool Curriculum

Last summer I decided that I was going to homeschool our foster daughters while they were on summer vacation.  There were two reasons for this: 1) Two of the three girls were behind academically.  I really hoped that by working through the summer we could help them get on track for the next school year.  They left our house soon after school started, so I don't know how well it worked. 2) I don't allow my children much in the way of screen time, and these girls were accustomed to having TV and tablets in their rooms all the time.  So they never really knew what to do with themselves.  I figured school work for the morning would help with that dilemma. Choosing a curriculum was difficult for me.  I know that some people bounce around and change curriculum a lot, but whatever I got, I hoped I would like enough to use the non-consumables with Little Guy.  I don't like wasting money, and I hate the idea of some topics falling through the cracks because different curricu

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :) Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -            - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant            - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that            - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are              intoxicated and forget to take precautions.) Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even rememb

Training Children vs. Raising Children

In many conservative circles, parents refer to training their children.  This term comes from Proverbs 22:6, which says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Almost unfailingly, when you get into a discussion on this topic, there is a parent that is appalled at the use of "training" on children.  Nine times out of ten, they say "You train dogs, you RAISE children."