Skip to main content

What's In the Mother Goose Time Box? Part One

I am so excited to share this post with you!  I am now a Blog Ambassador for Mother Goose Time*!

What is this Mother Goose Time I speak of?  It is an incredible curriculum that has been around for over 29 years!  

Why is it so awesome?  It is essentially preschool in a box.  It is designed for preschools, but used by many homeschoolers (such as myself!) as well.  It is astonishingly thorough.



I just received my first box.  I wanted so much to do an unboxing video, and I set it up and then my camera ran out of battery halfway through.  Since I do not have the patience to wait, I opened it up without recording it.  So, my pictures and description will have to suffice.

The first thing I pulled out was the Circle Time bag.  This is a one time bag for when you first start Mother Goose Time, and has a getting started guide, as well as all the stuff you need for a Circle Time display.  It includes a world map, alphabet strip, labels, month strips for your calendar, a number tree, a circle time music CD and so, so much more!

Next was the Teacher Tools bag.  This comes every month and includes all the updates for your Circle Time display (like the letters of the month, color of the month, monthly calendar and dates, etc.), a super in-depth guide for the month, a theme web (more on that in the next paragraph!), and even the manipulatives you will be using this month.  Every month you also get a new CD that has to do with the theme of the month.

Each month has an overarching theme.  This month (December, not November) it is Sights and Sounds of Winter.  So for the first week we will be learning about Orchestra Instruments, then we will move on to Sights and Sounds Outdoors, Sights and Sounds Indoors, and the last week we will focus on Light and Dark.  

Each day has a specific theme that has to do with the week's theme.  The best part is that there is a separate bag for each day, for each child.  The bag includes most of the the materials you will need for the day.  Some of the items will be in your Teacher Tools bag, and some of them you need to provide (these are mostly food items, or basic things like tape).  

Also included is a Celebration Bag.  For December its a Christmas celebration, and has activities and supplies for Christmas activities.

Throughout the month I will be posting all the fun things we do with our stuff.  I wish I could go into complete detail about it right now, but I am afraid this post would become incredibly long.  There is SO much stuff in this box.  
*As a Blog Ambassador I receive free curriculum in exchange for sharing all the awesomeness with my blog readers.  This curriculum is great and I am not just saying that because I got it for free!*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Choose Christian Light Education Homeschool Curriculum

Last summer I decided that I was going to homeschool our foster daughters while they were on summer vacation.  There were two reasons for this: 1) Two of the three girls were behind academically.  I really hoped that by working through the summer we could help them get on track for the next school year.  They left our house soon after school started, so I don't know how well it worked. 2) I don't allow my children much in the way of screen time, and these girls were accustomed to having TV and tablets in their rooms all the time.  So they never really knew what to do with themselves.  I figured school work for the morning would help with that dilemma. Choosing a curriculum was difficult for me.  I know that some people bounce around and change curriculum a lot, but whatever I got, I hoped I would like enough to use the non-consumables with Little Guy.  I don't like wasting money, and I hate the idea of some topics falling through the cracks because different curricu

Things That Annoy Infertile Girls (or Maybe Just Me?) - Flashback Friday

This was actually one of my more popular posts when it was first published, but I still thought I would share it again.  Any additions to the post are in pink, as usual :) Accidental Pregnancies - So I have been trying for years to get pregnant, you go slut around and accidentally get pregnant? Immediate Pregnancies - You quit taking your birth control last month and now you are pregnant? People Who Give You Retarded Advice -            - Just stop trying and you will get pregnant            - My friend adopted a baby and got pregnant right away, you should do that            - Get drunk, people always get pregnant when they are drunk (Yes, they do. Because they are              intoxicated and forget to take precautions.) Whiny Girls That Pretend They Are Infertile - Trying for 5 months is not suffering from infertility. It takes a year on average to get pregnant.  I get that it might FEEL like infertility but it just isn't.  After YEARS of trying, I can't even rememb

Training Children vs. Raising Children

In many conservative circles, parents refer to training their children.  This term comes from Proverbs 22:6, which says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Almost unfailingly, when you get into a discussion on this topic, there is a parent that is appalled at the use of "training" on children.  Nine times out of ten, they say "You train dogs, you RAISE children."